- RIA Novosti – An Indian Navy diesel-electric submarine was handed back to the service in an official ceremony following a major refit at Russia’s Zvezdochka shipyard on Saturday.
Posts Categorized: IndianNavy
- Aviation Week – The Indian navy is likely to call an end to its tryst with ski-jump aircraft carriers, deciding that its next big vessel will be a flat-top with a catapult-launch system.
- Times of India – In keeping with its steadily growing blue-water capabilities, the Navy is now all set to dispatch four warships on an overseas deployment to the Horn of Africa, Red Sea and the western Mediterranean, even as four of its other warships entered the Shanghai port in China on Wednesday.
- Defense Technology International – The Indian Navy may start preparing to get into service the second aircraft carrier. On June 8, INS Vikramaditya left Russia’s Sevmash shipyard in Severdvinsk to head for its first sea trials. According to Sevmash, the trials will take 124 days. They will start in the White Sea, then the [...]
- Indian Navy – Indian Aircraft Carrier Sea Trials Postponed Until June – Sea trials of the Admiral Gorshkov aircraft carrier being overhauled for the Indian navy at the Sevmash shipyard in northern Russia have been postponed until the beginning of June.
- BBC – India has formally commissioned a nuclear-powered submarine into its navy, rejoining the elite club of nations with such a weapon.
- The Hindu – The 2012 edition of the annual India-U.S. naval exercise, ‘Malabar,’ will be held in the Bay of Bengal from April 7.
- Defense Technology International – On January 23 the Indian Navy received the Russian Nerpa Project 971 Shchuka-B class nuclear powered attack submarine on a 10-year lease.
- Eurasian Review – Pakistan’s view of India’s navy.
- Defense Technology International – The Indian navy aircraft carrier Vikramaditya is nearing completion at Russia’s Sevmash shipyard in Severodvinsk. Vice Admiral Nadel Niradjan Kumar, chief manager of production and purchase of warships for the Indian navy who inspected Sevmash this week, says the ship is 85% ready and will be handed over to the [...]
- US Naval Institute Proceedings – Based on punitive offensive operations short of nuclear attack, India’s new doctrine against Pakistan flirts with Armageddon.
- Indian Navy – Indian navy seizes pirates’ Indian Ocean mothership – More than 20 pirates have been captured and some two dozen hostages rescued from a hijacked Thai fishing trawler in the Indian Ocean, the Indian defence ministry has said.
- Strategy Page – President Barack Obama’s looming post-election state visit to India is another indication of evolution and maturation — the incremental but genuine change measured in decades that marks the coalescing of U.S. and Indian global interests.
- Deccan Chronicle – The Indian Navy today enhanced its might on Goa shore with induction of two fast attack craft vessels.
- Times of India – Four Indian warships are being dispatched for a two-month-long overseas deployment along the African coast this week, which will culminate in complex trilateral wargames involving the Indian, Brazilian and South African Navies.
Associated Press – Russia leases nuclear sub to India The Nerpa submarine manned by an Indian crew has sailed to India.
The Diplomat – India Readies for China Fight For too long Delhi’s policymakers have watched idly as China’s military prowess has grown. Not anymore.
StrategyPage – Go For Gorshkov An Indian inspection team has concluded that Russian efforts to refurbish the carrier Admiral Gorshkov, for Indian service, is on schedule. Nearly all the structural work is completed, and all the major mechanical items are installed. About half the cable (electrical and other conduits) work is complete. The Indian inspectors [...]
Defense Technology International – Indian Navy Sail Ship Back After Solo Circumnavigation NSV Mhadei returned to Mumbai harbor on May 22 after completing the first solo circumnavigation by an Indian of the Indian Navy.
UPI – India’s emerging maritime clout The Indian Defense Ministry’s Sixth Land and Naval Defense Systems Exhibition held in New Delhi last month showcased newly inducted equipment by the country’s navy and army.